Many of us struggle with the challenge of what to put on our plates when we are at a barbecue.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for that barbecue and enjoy your time!
Before The Barbecue:
- Don’t go to the barbecue starving. This way you will be able to think and make healthy choices. Have a light snack like a fruit or veggies or low fat yogurt to curb your appetite.
- Stay hydrated. Drink water or your favorite non-carbonated, sugar free/decaffeinated drink.
- Fit in exercise before the BBQ. You will be more motivated to make healthy food choices after that workout!
- Prepare a healthy dish to bring to the BBQ that you know you can enjoy!
Check out the great recipes on Bariatriceating.com
At The Barbecue:
- Take a look at the food that is prepared before filling up your plate. Pick the protein first (grilled lean protein like chicken/steak and fish) and veggies next- cooked or raw veggies/salad. Skip the bread!
- Dessert time? Try some delicious and sweet, summer fruit salad or prepare some fruit kebobs to bring to the BBQ to avoid temptation. Bariatriceating.com has a delicious recipe for Fruit Kebob with Vanilla Ginger Yogurt Dip.
- Have fun!! Enjoy time with friends and family.
Have a great, healthy and safe summer!!