Another holiday that is all about sweets?! Do the constant advertisements for sweet treats and heart shaped boxes for Valentine’s Day have you thinking how can you too can celebrate this holiday after weight loss surgery? Are you trying to decide what you can do or purchase for a friend or loved one when chocolate is not part of their diet plan? From expensive intimate dinners to rich, decadent desserts, Valentines Day after weight loss surgery can pose a challenge… Remember, it’s not all about the food, it’s about celebrating love and friendship!
Ideas For A Healthy and Fun Valentines Day!
- Consider non-chocolate food gifts like fresh fruit or nuts. (Think red foods such as juicy red apples, strawberries, cherries, red grapes, mangos or raspberries!
- Flowers!!!! Bring a smile to someone’s face with a beautiful bouquet of their favorite flowers!
- A gift certificate to a favorite nail salon or spa. We can all use a little “me” time to relax and de stress! Couples massages are always a great choice to spend some quality time together!
- Give your loved one a back or foot massage! You can pick up some massage oils and creams at your local drug store..Ahh.. It’s time to be pampered!
- Go Dancing! Dance to a special song and you will burn off some calories too!
- Share an entree with your significant other or friend at a favorite restaurant.
- Make a healthy dinner at home or order healthy take out and bring out the good china and candles to celebrate your love and accomplishments!
- Make or purchase a greeting card to show how much you care about someone and don’t forget to compliment your loved ones on their success.
- Finally make the time to go see that movie in the theater you have wanted see! Snuggle up on the couch and rent a movie! There are so many movie choices to pick from these days.
- Hugs, Hugs, Hugs!! Everyone needs a little TLC
- Don’t forget to tell the ones you love the 3 simple little words..I Love You
Have a Happy and Healthy Valentine’s Day!!